Noah & the Flood – God’s Judgment of Sin & Jesus’ Second Coming
For younger kids: Draw a rainbow and write “God keeps his promises.” Older kids can do doodle art, (google it if you don’t know how to do this), around either a rainbow or the word promise while you listen to the reading.
- Noah and his family were on the ark for over one year (7:11 & 8:13-14). If you were Noah’s grandkid on the ark, what would be the first thing you would do when you got off? What is the firstrecorded act that Noah did?
- What do you think the earth looked like when everyone got off the ark?
- What symbol did God use to show He wouldn’t destroy the whole earth by a flood ever again? God always keeps His promises! Can you think of another promise that God has made to you?
- So many of the stories in the Old Testament are pictures of times to come. How are the days of Noah a picture of the second coming of Jesus? Are most people today obedient?
* CAUTION: Parents of younger children should always share the truth but may want to use discretion in explaining the specifics detailed in this chapter.